Click here to check out
The Kansas City Dog Advocates!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Great End to a Spotty Year: Pit Bulls Save Christmas!

Admittedly, it’s been a while since my last post, but I’ve been busy and posting for me takes a good deal of leisure time to reflect prior to putting pen to page.

Regardless, I usually breakdown about this time of year and do the “Year in Review.” Wait! Don’t click to another site, I’ll make this relatively painless. Aside from the normal job changes I go through (yes, I changed again), this year was mainly one dedicated to watching my baby girl grow up, seeing my sister get married and coming to grips with the importance of family (again).

Oh yeah, and one more thing: I still love to debunk anti-pitbull BS - usually by way of editorials, etc. combating the rampant ignorance on city councils and other legislative bodies nationwide.

So, imagine my joy at seeing the year end Sport Illustrated cover go to . . . the Pit Bull! Not just any pit bull, mind you, but a rehabilitating Vick dog. You remember the Vick dogs, the ones PETA and HSUS would have euthanized before they even got a whiff of fresh air. And better yet, not only are the pictures wonderful – celebrating all that makes pitties so special, the joy in their eyes, the belly’s that need rubbing, the curious faces and headcocks we all know and love – but the story is a spot-on homerun for my favorite breed, pouring over the details I already know (but the public is largely unaware of) about the story of their salvation at the hands of a federal court and unbelievably great organizations like BadRap, etc. and calling PETA and HSUS on the carpet for their breed hatred.

It’s official: I believe in Christmas! Thank you SI (especially author Jim Gorant and photographer Deanne Fitzmaurice), BadRap and the wonderful breed ambassadors that survived the horror of their Vick imprisonment & torture. Hooray for second chances and the people that make them possible. And, of course, hooray for pit bulls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home